Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Solar path lights are one of the best ways to illuminate your pathway, but with so many options on the market, it can be hard to know which ones are best. We did all the research for you and compiled a list of the 8 best solar path lights that will work well on any pathway, yard, or garden!
Check out our reviews and comparisons below.
What are the best solar path lights?
1. Best Overall: XMCOSY+ Solar Pathway Lights 4-Pack
XMCOSY+ Solar Pathway Lights 4 Pack are perfect for illuminating your walkways, driveways, pathways or any other outdoor space. These solar-powered pathway lights are powered by the sun during the day and will provide 360 degree illumination all night long. They come in a pack of four and each light has impressive LEDs to ensure you get the best lighting possible!
The 2.4*2.4 inches large-area solar panels cover with monocrystalline silicon ensure more sunlight absorption and utilization for your beautiful garden or driveway (or anywhere else). It automatically senses changes in brightness and turns on when it’s dark, then off when it’s bright again–saving energy and money!
You can just connect the solar lid, mounting rod, ground spike to complete installation. This product is easy to install and there are no complicated operations needed for installation. Unlike other plastic plugs in the market which are fragile, these products use aluminum pointed plugs that are rigid.
With a knob-type brightness adjustment on the switch panel, you can adjust the light from 10 lumens up to 40 lumens. This makes it perfect for different situations and creates ambiance while keeping you safe at night!
These solar lights are waterproof and have an IP65 rating, so they can withstand rain, snow and other extreme weather conditions. The lamps themselves are made of stainless steel with Plexiglas for the main components. This ensures that the lamp will be long-lasting and not easily damaged by various outdoor environments. The perfect sealing design also helps keep water out of the lamp for maximum durability in all climates.
XMCOSY+ Solar Pathway Lights 4 Pack is a great way to light up your garden. With 16 months warranty, the solar pathway lights are durable and easy to install.
- 10 – 40 Lumens
- Sturdy and attractive
- Brighter than most other options
- 16-month warranty
- Adjustable brightness dimmer feature
- Batteries might need replacing after 1 year
2. Lifetime Replacement: SolarGlow LED Solar Path Lights
With the Signature Garden 6 Pack Solar lights, you will enjoy beautiful, lit pathways. The installation process is quick and straightforward without any fuss! These solar powered lamps turn on at dusk and off come dawn. And if it’s a cloudy day or just night time? Not to worry – these awesome garden lights are set for you anytime you need them.
Save money on electricity bills and beautify your home with these bright, solar lights. Set them up to be both functional and beautiful. Maintain the look of your landscape year round while also cutting back on those pesky electric bills.
The Weather-Resistant Solar LED Light is an excellent choice for anyone looking to brighten their walkway or patio. The high quality stainless steel construction will last the longest of any on the market, and it’s made tough with a watertight seal.
These solar powered lights are the perfect addition to any dark corner of your backyard. They’re a simple way to give yourself peace of mind when it’s too dark for you or someone else in your family that may be vulnerable, such as children and pets. You can set them on auto mode so they turn themselves off at dawn after 8 hours of use.
The all-weather 15-lumen solar garden lights are rain, snow, frost and sleet resistant so you can enjoy your light show year-roundƒwarran. You’ll never have to worry about replacements thanks to the 100% Lifetime Replacement Guarantee.
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- 15 lumens provide bright light
- Weather- and water-resistant
- Long-lasting LED lights available
- Eight hours or more of illumination time
- Performance is inconsistent, with some internal electrical issues
3. EcoCity Outdoor Solar Pathway Lights
The EcoCity Outdoor Solar Pathway Lights are attractive path lights that are both aesthetically pleasing and affordably priced. They are one of the least expensive of the products in our lineup, with 12 lights in a package.
The lights are durable and made out of stainless steel, giving it decent weather resistance and sleek design. With eight hours of illumination time, these lights compete with any other on the list. This product is the best option for someone looking for both practicality and value for garden lighting.
Although not the tallest, brightest, or longest-lasting, these lights provide a unique aesthetic effect with the combination of stainless steel, modern design, and warm white light. They are affordable and offer a pleasant ambiance. They stand out more for looks than effective nighttime illumination.
- They are weather-resistant.
- The lights have a sturdy stainless steel construction.
- The design is unique and elegant.
- It is one of the more affordable options available.
- The product has both a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
- The 8 hours of illumination is average. (10 hours would be ideal)
- They are warmer, albeit, less bright LEDs.
- The lights are among our shorter options at only 12.9-inches high above the ground.
4. Enchanted Spaces Solar Light – Star Shaped Light Effect
The Enchanted Spaces Solar Light stands out as a charming solar garden light. The design of the lens creates a beautiful effect and adds to its aesthetic value. It has a bronze body that is both lightweight and durable. It has a 4 square foot illumination radius, which we attributed to its 16-inch height.
The warm white light is limited yet adequate. They come with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee and replacement policy. These well-made, attractive path lights are certainly worth considering for aesthetically-pleasing and effective lighting that are durable. That makes them an excellent value for garden lighting.
- They have a sturdy and durable bronze construction.
- They have a lightweight, decorative plastic lens with a beautiful star-shaped pattern.
- The 16 inches height is above average for these products.
- It has a 4-foot, illumination radius on the ground.
- There is a 100 percent satisfaction, replacement policy.
- The eight hours of illumination is average. (10 hours would be ideal)
- The plastic lens is vulnerable to damage.
- The warm white light do not provide the brightest lighting.
5. GIGALUMI Solar Pathway Lights – Ripple Glass Lighting
The GIGALUMI Solar Pathway Lights are attractive lights not just for their good looks but for the pattern created by its ripple glass lens. They have a bronze metal finish that is weatherproof. They stand 19 inches above the ground with a 5.3-inch lantern-shaped top. There is a mini solar panel, positioned to capture the most sunlight.
The illumination time on these Gigalumi solar light are decent at 8 hours and even up to 10 hours. Each of the six lights is 10 lumens, which gives it a pleasant warm glow that is fitting for the design. They are easy to assemble and install in your garden or along a path.
- The solar lights have a durable, high-quality bronze finish.
- The lights are weather-resistant.
- The lights are made of high-quality materials.
- The 19-inch height is above average.
- The illumination pattern is gorgeous.
- The 10 lumens will not provide the greatest illumination.
- There is only a 30-day refund guarantee.
- The lights are more expensive than comparable products.
6. Oak Leaf Stainless Steel Solar Light – Best Budget Pick
The Oak Leaf Stainless Steel Solar Light is an excellent value with a 12-pack priced the same as many six-packs, making it among the better deals on our list. The product has a durable, weatherproof stainless steel construction. Aesthetically, we liked these lights. They have typical charge time. All make them worth a look for budget-minded buyers.
The light stands 14 inches tall above the ground with average LED bulbs. The illumination is adequate and not the brightest of the products we reviewed. However, the solar lights are attractive with a warm white light that is pleasing. They are stainless steel with a modern-looking design that will fit in nicely with your garden landscaping.
- They have a durable, weatherproof stainless steel construction.
- They are warm white lights.
- They have a unique, modern design.
- They are easy to install.
- The charge time of up to eight hours is average.
- The plastic lens seems flimsy.
- The 14-inch height is decent, but there are taller options.
- There is only a 30-day refund window.
7. Beau Jardin Solar Lights – Most Durable
The Beau Jardin Solar Lights, with the company’s fitting name, are among the more resilient and weather-resistant of our options, thanks to their durable and high-quality construction. They are made of stainless steel with a waterproof glass lens. They have an impressive IP rating of 65 to ensure they are truly weather-proof to protect both the lights and the batteries.
Each of the eight lights are 6 lumens, giving them a fair amount of illumination. They are a bit spendy than comparable products. However, the design is attractive with a well-placed solar panel on the top of each one. The lighting pattern is pleasing too. They stand just under 17 inches tall. They provide a cool white light in contrast to other products that go toward the warm side of the spectrum.
- The lights have a sturdy, stainless steel construction.
- They have a watertight glass lens.
- The 17-inch height above the ground is above average.
- The lights can last up to 12 hours when fully charged.
- They come with a one-year quality warranty.
- The lights are more expensive than comparable products.
- The 6 lumens does not provide optimum brightness.
8. GardenBliss Solar Lights – Best Weatherproof
The GardenBliss Solar Lights caught our eyes with their smooth curves and sleek design. They would make a beautiful addition to any garden. Unlike other products we reviewed, you can adjust the height to either 8 or 12 inches if you want them to sit closer to the ground. These path lights are completely sealed, making them waterproof too. Customer support is excellent too.
The manufacturer for these path lights back up their product with a money-back guarantee on your purchase and a 30,000-hour lifespan on the LEDs. On the downside, the illumination isn’t bright at only 2.4 lumens for each light. Combined with the shorter height, we think that the best use for this is to light up a garden instead of a path.
- The design of the lights is elegant.
- The LEDs are guaranteed to last 30,000 hours.
- The product comes with a money-back guarantee.
- The company provides 365/24/7 customer support.
- They are easy to install.
- The 12-inch maximum height above the ground is a bit short.
- The batteries are not included.
- They aren’t bright at only 2.4 lumens per light.
Buyers guide: Best outdoor solar path lights
Solar path lighting can beautifully illuminate your pathway. These best solar path lights are meant to replace traditional lamps and provide some of the best lighting for outdoor spaces without any hassle!
How to choose the right solar path lights for your needs
Check the brightness of the solar path light that you want to purchase. You can find this information in lumens on the packaging. The higher the lumens, the brighter your solar path lights will be.
- Be sure to check for a warranty that is longer than just one year!
- How long does the battery last before it needs to be recharged?
- What is the quality of light emitting from your lamp? A warmer glow can create more ambiance.
- Do you want a solar path light with an automatic sensor or manual control panel for adjusting settings and turning them on/off?
- How many hours per day will these lights be in use?
- How much is the price of the solar path light you are considering?
Benefits of owning and using solar path lights
Solar path lights are convenient because they do not use any electricity or power sources. They are also easy to install and don’t need an electrician!
No wires mean no tripping hazards for you or your guests, and a safe space to walk in the dark is always crucial. Solar path lights will last for years with proper maintenance, which is less work for you and more safety.
The best solar path lights will be bright enough to create a safe space at night without being too overpowering, which can bother your neighbors or guests. You’ll also save on electricity costs since these are completely energy-free!
Tips on how to install a solar path light system in your home
The first step in installing solar path lighting is choosing the right location. You want to make sure that it’s in an area where people will be walking or driving during the night, but not too close to a street light and bright windows!
- Solar lights come with two types of bulbs: incandescent or LED. The LEDs are more expensive but offer better quality lighting and can be switched on/off as needed!
- After choosing which type of solar path light you want, be sure to measure your lamp and make sure it will fit in the space.
- Measure the space between your ground and where you want to install your lamp.
- Install solar path lights with plenty of clearance on either side – it’s best if there is an extra foot of light coming off the sides of your lamp.
Why are solar path lights better than regular lamps?
Solar path lighting has many advantages over traditional lamps – they don’t need to be plugged in, won’t create any tripping hazards outdoors for guests or children, and will last for years with only minimal maintenance needed. Solar light also doesn’t emit too much bright light that can bother your neighbors
Solar path light FAQs
Q: Will solar path lights work with a snow-covered ground?
A: Yes, they will automatically shut off when there is enough snow on the ground to block any light. This means that if you live in an area where it snows often, these are perfect!
Q: What does “IP” mean for solar path lighting?
A: “IP” stands for the International Protection Code, which indicates what level of protection a solar path light has. The higher this number is, the more waterproof and sturdy your lamp will be outside!
Q: Why are there two different bulbs on my new solar path light?
A: Some lamps have an incandescent bulb, which is cheaper but will emit a lot more light and can be annoying to your neighbors, while others have LED bulbs that are pricey but last longer.
Q: Can solar path lights be used outside on my porch?
A: Yes! These lamps work best outdoors because they don’t need any electricity or power sources – just the sun!
Different styles of solar pathway lights are available on the market today
Some of the different styles are solar pathway lights that spotlights and those that offer a more ambient glow.
There are also solar path lights with an automatic sensor or manual control panel for adjusting settings, as well as the number of hours per day these lamps will be in use.
The price varies just like any other outdoor light fixture on the market today, so it’s important to choose the solar path light that’s best for your budget.
Solar path light pros and cons
Solar Path Light Pros: – No electricity needed – No cords to trip over – Won’t create any tripped hazards outdoors for guests or children.
Solar Path Light Cons: – May not be bright enough to light up a large area of your yard, but this depends on the type you have. – You may need to replace them every few years if they stop working.
How many lumens should solar path lights be?
This depends on the type of lamp. Solar Path Lights that are spotlights should be between 600 and 1000 lumens, while those with more ambient glow should be less than 400 lumens.
Ideally, you want to buy one that’s at least 100 lumens.
What should I look for when buying solar walkway lights?
- Budget: How much are you willing to spend?
- Lumens: The more lumens, the brighter your solar path light will be.
- IP protection code (higher IP means a sturdier lamp): Solar lights with higher IP ratings can withstand harsh weather conditions like snow or rainfall better than those without it.
- Brightness: Solar path lights with more lumens will give off a brighter light.
- Style of solar pathway lighting (spotlights or ambient glow): This is personal preference, but we recommend spotlights if your yard is large and ambient lamps for smaller yards.
- Automatic sensor/manual control panel: Automatic sensors are better for those who don’t want to adjust their settings manually.
Can solar path lights be used outside on my porch?
Yes, these lamps work best outdoors because they don’t need any electricity or power sources – just the sun! They can also help ward off bugs that are attracted to light while you’re relaxing outside at night.
Who makes the best solar path lights?
There are a lot of different brands out there that make solar path lights. We recommend RAYLI, Brightech, and AmazonBasics for the best ones. Check our reviews at the top of this page.
How long do solar pathway lights last?
This depends on the type of solar path light. Those with LED lights will last a lot longer than those with incandescent bulbs, but they are also more expensive to purchase and replace as well.
Some solar pathway lighting lasts for about six years or more and some only last two to three years depending on usage. The ones that have LED bulbs last longer because there’s no filament to burn out like an incandescent
Why do solar path lights stop working?
There are a few different reasons why solar path lights may stop working. They could be defective, they might have been exposed to water or snow for too long, the battery inside died out from being overcharged (which is more common with rechargeable types), or it’s not getting enough sunlight each day.
How far apart should solar path lights be placed?
This depends on your design preferences and the size of your yard. Generally, they should be about six feet apart from each other so that they provide a wide enough coverage area without being too close to one another.
Can solar path lights work in winter?
Yes! Solar pathway lighting is perfect for those who live in areas where snow or rain are very common. They don’t need any power sources and they can withstand tough weather conditions like snow or rain much better than other types of lamps do.
Where should path lights be placed?
Solar pathway lights should be installed in areas where they’ll get the most exposure to sunlight throughout the day. Ideally, this would be near a south-facing window or close to an exterior wall that gets lots of sun during midday hours.
How tall should a path light be?
The height of your solar path light depends on what you want it for. If you choose a spotlight-style lamp, make sure that the fixture is at least four feet tall (ideally six). These types are made to illuminate specific areas like walkways and gardens with more ambient lights should be around two or three feet in height so they shine more evenly across the ground.
What are solar path lights made of?
The majority of these lamps are made from durable plastic that is weather and UV resistant since they will be exposed to both during their lifetime. The few metal types out there are usually coated with an anti-corrosive coating so they can withstand damage from the elements.
Flat solar path lights
These are a popular type of solar path light because they’re low-profile and allow you to install them flush with your ground. They work great for those who want a more subtle look.
Square solar path lights
This type of solar pathway lighting is like a traditional light post. It’s made for those looking to create more visibility with taller fixtures that are around five or six feet high and can be seen from far distances as well.
Solar lights for garden path
This type of solar path light is perfect for those who have a garden and want to illuminate it with more ambient lighting. These are usually shorter in height so they don’t block the flowers or foliage as much from sunlight exposure.
You may have seen the many benefits of solar path lights but not known what they are or which ones to buy. We hope our list and reviews helped you find the perfect solar light for your home. If you’re still unsure, contact us! Our experts can help answer any questions about how these will work best in your yard with a customized plan that considers your needs and budget requirements.